Monday, July 1, 2013

Celebrating Independence Day with a layout of my Grandfather

I just got this month's kit from Scraps of Darkness called "firecracker" and I knew I had the perfect picture for these patriotic papers! This is a photo of my teenaged grandfather Phil shortly before  going off to World War 2.  His Navy ship "The Bunker Hill" was attacked by kamikaze pilots on his birthday and many of his friends got killed.  He mailed my grandmother a piece of a kamikaze's parachute to let her know he was still alive.  He is no longer with us but I often think of him, especially on this holiday, where we celebrate America's independence and appreciate the sacrifice so many have made and continue to make, for our freedom.  This page was a joy to create.



I must admit that it takes me almost as long to get these pics up on the blog as it does to actually scrap them! Computer savvy I am not, but learning...
A closer look at the flowers, I painted the white ones that came with the kit with the Shimmerz spray. 

I hope to get to play with my art goodies this week as my littles are with their grandmother for a whole week so I'm free to create! I may even try a challenge or two.  I am no where in the same league as these amazingly talented women I follow, but hey why not put myself out there and try? I want to challenge myself to get better.  Thanks for looking and reading my blog! Please take a moment to follow my blog with Bloglovin....please....thank you!! I need some followers....

Hope you all have a great Fourth!!



No comments:

Post a Comment