Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My First Steampunk Challenge!

Ok I love, love love the steampunk style...kinda strange & creepy but really beautiful too. I have been an admirer of others for quite a while but never tried to make something myself.  I stumbled upon this blog: Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges where they host a new steampunk themed challenge every month.  This month there must be a matchbook or matchbooks used in the project.  I was oohing and ahhing over everyone else's projects when the idea hit that the matchboxes would make cute little books. I found an empty printer's tray under my bed and using what I had on hand, altered this tray using 3 different lines of Graphic 45 paper (Steampunk Debutante, Olde Curiosity Shoppe, and the brand new Steampunk Spells). I bought them because I loved the designs, but had no idea what to do with them!I altered each little window with the paper and made little "spell books" with the matchboxes. This was a really fun project to do, I did struggle with where to place things but ultimately like how it came out. I am still working on photographing my projects to show the true colors, it seems my phone takes better shots than my camera, but I am learning! Oh, and the prize for this month's challenge is the "messy head" collection by 7 Dots which I want REALLY bad!!
Thanks for looking!






Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Very cool. A matchbox challenge inspired all this creativity - amazing. Love your little books, hope they are full of spells and dreams and potions. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo brilliant! And I am so happy that you decided to do your very first Steampunk project! Soooo very well done and beautiful! I LOVE the little books you created and how you used the lovely Graphic45 papers for your awesome creation!!!

    Good luck on winning the 7Dots collection too! ;) (Let's hope Mr. Random does the trick for you ;)

    Thank you for joining us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges! Hope to you see you again soon!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of Steampunk. You certainly made a great creation for your first!

    ReplyDelete