Monday, January 29, 2018

Rusty Canvas

Hi there, I'm dusting the cobwebs off my blog since I haven't been on here in ages! A while ago I accidentally deleted a years worth of blog posts and it was kinda frustrating. Also it's much easier to post pics on Instagram and be done with it, haha. I got some new Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays for my birthday and when I saw this month's moodboard I was inspired to make something rusty

Go here to check out the challenge!

I started out with an old canvas that I covered in tissue paper then added a vintage doily to the middle. I love those and had to force myself to use it because I am such a hoarder! Then I added some crackle paste and started gluing the elements on. I wanted to use some keys that I had altered and that funky broken guy with wings. It came together pretty easily and then I got to have some fun adding some texture and then color. I used some found objects and some art stones as well as microbeads and glitter (a requirement for the Lindy's Challenge.Here are some photos:









For the color I used acrylic paint, Prima Rust Pastes and Lindy's Starburst Sprays and Lindy's Embossing Powders. Here is a list of the Lindy's products and links to the store



Starburst Sprays:
Calla Lilly Burnt Orange 
Cocoabean Copper
Steampunk Sepia
Tibetan Poppy Teal 


Embossing Powders:
Byzantine Bronze
Oakleaf Olive
Hyacinth Blue Jade

Thanks for looking, this was so much fun to make, I have to urge to faux rust everything lately and Lindy's products are so fun to play with!
Sarah xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Amazing project! Thank you for playing with us at Lindy's Gang!

    ReplyDelete